Saturday, June 16, 2007

The beginning

Yesterday I was thinking, if I were to start a blog, what would I write? It didn't take me too long, the first thing that came to my mind is...STORY!

Yes, I love stories. I think most people do, don't you too? We were told stories since young and if you still remember, most of the stories have an important lesson to tell. And we all learned and grew up with the lessons.

The reason why people enjoy stories is simple. Stories are definitely more appealing than facts. Say, you tell a heavy smoker: Smoking KILLS......

Seriously, I don't think he will ever listen, or worse, he might give you a punch as souvenir.

The morale of the story, or the lesson learned, is surely more acceptable than you giving hours of lecture.

Personally, I learned a lot from all the stories that I have heard or read. I'm not just talking about the school children stories, there are many more lessons to learn from real-life experience, many of which were never taught in school.

But, I'm not a good story writer! With the very limited adjectives and descriptive words that I know, I think no one would even have the slightest interest in my so-called "story" that I write here. (uhh...so sad...)

So, what can I do? I think and think...and...ah hah! Why not I just think of this as a diary? All I have to do is to put into words the incidents that happened or I can just summarize what I've learnt from others, right?

You've got it! Yes, this blog is my diary of lessons in daily life, which I will be writing down some real-life incidents that I have personally experienced, heard of, or read about, that I think will teach us how to be more successful in life -- be it in in friendship, love life or even office politics.

I hope, with this blog, both myself and the readers, will all grow together. Afterall, "Knowledge will not grow if done alone", one of my favorite quotes. And this is also one of the reasons why I started this blog (other than the reason that I'm feeling too bored and unproductive slacking at home doing nothing and I just wanna find something meaningful to do...haha).

That's all for the beginning. Will begin my first post soon =)

No comments:

Google